The blog of the Jewell Whanau in Wellington, New Zealand.

Thursday, 23 February 2012

Will you still need me? Will you still feed me?

I now share my birthday with the anniversary of the Christchurch Earthquake. People have remembered that event in different ways. You could do worse than look at Jeneane’s personal view or this from a media organisation.

So it feels a little insensitive to be celebrating on such a day but I have got the message from Cantabrians that they like to see that normality in other parts of the country is possible. They know that they are always in our thoughts and we are more than willing to help out in any way we can.

With that out of the way I can show you pictures of my presents.

There was a lot of beer, wine, chocolate and cheese. Jenny gave me a DVD of British steam trains. So I was well pleased. We had a family meal including a chocolate cake with real candles.
 The boys enjoyed some Emerson's Bookbinder
 and we finished up with some of Jeneane's cheese and crackers. The cheese was very ripe and flavourful.

1 comment:

Lady Mondegreen's Secret Garden said...

That's the spirit - or the beer in this case. The man from Gambonis said he was putting some Munster in your cheese hamper and all thought of Earthquake remembrance evaporated while I went weak at the knees with desire for a moment.
Glad to hear the candles were real and not chocolate... and that you had a great birthday oxo :-)