Today is very
wet. We are supposed to be going to a Phoenix
game this afternoon but only dedicated fans will brave the elements getting
to the stadium. I will post an update on who is in this category!
Yesterday was very different. Warm and
humid – we went for a gentle stroll up Tinakori Hill. Here are a couple of shots
looking down on the historic houses in Thorndon.
This house is perched on a small hillock.
Note the cable car access at bottom right and somebody escaping from worldly
demands in front of the shed at bottom left. I only spotted both these features
when I looked at the photo.
Here is Noreen resting on a seat
conveniently cut from a tree.
In the garden I was excited to discover
that my pohutukawa (planted as 30cm seedlings in August 2005) have produced
their first flowers.
They are part of the planting on the bank
above and to the left of our section. The fern in the foreground is self seeded
and probably no more than 5 years old. They grow really fast.
2 comments:
Well, Noreen, Jenny and I joined nearly 4000 others fans who braved the elements to watch the match. Unfortunately it was a scrappy sort of game in appalling condition and Perth stole a late goal to win 1 nil. Not one that we will remember.
The pohutukawa are flowering. That's lovely news, having watched their progress since our time in Wellington. Well done!
Post a Comment