This is another of the favourite walks
that we have done many times from different directions. I don’t think I’ve
blogged about it before so this is to remedy that omission.
It’s a stiff hour’s climb up from the
bottom. The top is a rocky outcrop, very exposed but with some grass for collapsing
in.
There are 360 degree views, these two are
to the south, over the mouth of the Hutt river to the Rimutakas and Eastbourne
(Matiu/Somes
Island in the middle right)
and back towards Wellington City.
We had lunch in the shelter of some bush.
This is the track leading up from the Korokoro Dam.
I love the ferns and knarled comprosma.
In the evening we went to watch the Phoenix
play. There was a good crowd of over 13000.
Jenny and Andy enjoyed the game
as did the rest of the home supporters as we
beat Melbourne Heart 3 – 1 and moved to second in the league.
The only bad moment was when Leo Bertos was stretchered
off but it appears his injury may
not be as bad as it first looked.
No comments:
Post a Comment