The blog of the Jewell Whanau in Wellington, New Zealand.
Monday, 8 August 2011
Augsburg Railway Museum
One of the highlights of the stay in Germany was a trip by steam train to this railway park. It was a boys’ day out and we enjoyed the journey from Munich through the countryside to Augsburg.
The museum has a collection of locomotives and memorabilia from Germany and other European countries. They have a good selection of stock from the Trans Europe Express trains of the 50s and 60s.
I can’t tell you much about these locomotives because all the information was in German, but they look very foreign and exciting to me.
In the historic roundhouse were some interesting electric locomotives.
There were refreshments and entertainment in one of the workshops.
Then it was “all aboard” for the return ride to Munich.
All too soon it was time to leave Germany and start the long journey south. We had a formal group photo to record the occasion. Our thanks to the Kleins for their hospitality to us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Was bedeutes du? "Boys Day Out." I would definitely have come along for the ride!
We would have loved to have you accompany us. It was a "boys' day out" in the sense that the females of the group decided to stay at home to cook and go shopping!
Ahh... I guess I might have been tempted by the shopping.
That proves you're just a fair weather boy!
Post a Comment