It was a damp misty day so we didn’t see much of the countryside but very atmospheric in the narrow winding lanes plunging into the valleys that score the land here. We spent a couple of hours in the old fishing port of Fowey.
The streets are very narrow and they seem to love pink houses.
Paths lead up the hill from where you can see across the rooftops of Cornish slate.
It is strange to see cordyline everywhere.
We have eaten well at all stops. Afternoon tea consisted of crab sandwiches (note the crisps/chippies served with the salad – just like my mum did) and Cornish cream tea.
4 comments:
Mama looks distinctly unimpressed by the cabbage tree!
Love chips'n'salad - I made a chip sandwich while onour Picton trip and convinced some others to try, too. Viva la (chip-based) revolucion!!!
P.S Now I wanna go live in Cornwall. :)
I think it is more likely the weather is to blame for Mutti not looking impressed - that, or being asked to pose yet again so I can get some size perspective in the shot!
Is it true that the pink is due to blood? Or maybe it's just jam they mix with the plaster...
Our theory is that they bought a job lot at the local discounters! It was quite common throughout the seaside towns in Cornwall.
Post a Comment