The blog of the Jewell Whanau in Wellington, New Zealand.

Saturday, 16 January 2010

Happy New Year

Belated greetings. Nothing majorly exciting has happened here but I thought I should post something – there have been rumblings from certain quarters.

While most of you in the northern hemisphere have been experiencing a fairly cold winter we have had a somewhat ho-hum summer so far. There have been warm and sunny days, but it seems rather more wet and windy ones. I haven’t been able to get out into the garden as much as I would have liked and the vegetables I planted after Christmas are struggling a bit with the conditions. Here is the veggie patch with some netting for the beans if they ever get established.
We have also been working in the front. Noreen wanted some dahlias planted and Sam was volunteered to dig the hole. Unfortunately he put the spade through the water main.
Coincidently a fire engine turned up three doors up the street. I’m not sure why as there didn’t appear to be any fire to put out.
In other news our football team the Phoenix have been doing well. They have a new signing for the rest of the season in a player from the Ivory Coast. His name is Eugene Dadi and he has made an immediate impact scoring in both his first two games. Jenny doesn’t approve of his haircut but his sense of position and ability to make chances is wonderful. We are now in fourth place and hoping this will be the best season ever.

No comments: