The blog of the Jewell Whanau in Wellington, New Zealand.

Tuesday, 29 July 2014

On the shores of Taupo Moana

We spent last weekend with Ali and Alan in a bach at Pukawa. It was a relaxing time.
The bach is set in bush with views over Lake Taupo 
We cycled on the Tongariro river track at Turangi.
The track follows the river up one bank, across a swing bridge and back on the other.
There were a couple of nice bush walks close to the bach. These are some large old matai.
It is difficult to capture the splendour of these trees with a normal photograph so I thought I would try a panoramic shot.
We also endulged in the hot spools at Tokaanu (luckily no photos survive).
On the way back we passed the central mountains of Tongariro (on the left), Ngauruhoe
and the big one, Ruapehu.

3 comments:

Jen Jewell said...

Utterly gorgeous photos!! The mountains especially make me homesick! :(

Lady Mondegreen's Secret Garden said...

A neat trip away. I love those views across the tussock to Ruapehu.

Gillian said...

Been waiting for a new post....and love these! The mountains are amazing......more photos please!!!