The blog of the Jewell Whanau in Wellington, New Zealand.

Tuesday, 17 September 2013

London Revisited

Revisited because I posted First Impressions back in July and also because I spent four years in the late sixties at university there. One of the reasons for going back to London was to get together with some of my ex-class mates. When I was there the institution was the Northern Polytechnic but it has since been subsumed into the London Metropolitan University 
Here we are in the old theatre
and with our wives.
Elsewhere in London, Jenny was keen to show us the sights that she had discovered. One of her favourite places is Borough Market. The Exotic Meat Company has a special that is only offered to Kiwis and South Africans – Australian Coat of Arms burger (kangaroo and emu).
 
I particularly liked their horse burgers (shades of a recent food labelling scandal in the UK).
We decided that the theme of our time in London was transport – and different modes thereof. We travelled by trains (Dockland Light Railway above an Underground train)
buses (this is one of the legendary Routemasters)
 
cable car (over the Thames at Greenwich with the Millenium Dome/O2 in the bend of the river)
and boat
to Greenwich where we sampled the wares of the Mean Time Brewing Company.
Thanks to Jenny for organising our time for us. I could post umpteen more pictures of all the things we did and sights we saw, but I’ll leave it at that for now. Next instalment will be on our experiences elsewhere in England. 

2 comments:

Jen Jewell said...

Om nom nom Meantime! :)

Dyk Jewell said...

I believe that is YoungPersonSpeak (YPS) for "Meantime beer is yummy and everyone should drink some every day"