Last weekend Jenny and I went down to
Christchurch. Noreen was skylarking in the UK so we thought it was our turn to
have a bit of a break. Since I was last
there the demolition in the red zone has continued.
More empty spaces have appeared. (This is
where the building shown in photo 8 in the linked post above stood.)
The cathedral is forlorn and it’s future is
still
not decided.
Meanwhile the cardboard cathedral is starting
to take shape alongside the white
chairs of remembrance.
Here is another church that was badly
damaged.
Enough of destruction, here is a novel use
for shipping containers – an outsized advent calendar
promotion for a radio station.
Further evidence that life is returning to
normal is provided by the punts on the Avon touting for business
and the opening of an outlet for our
favourite brewery The Twisted Hop.
Their wares were sampled and pronounced as
good as ever.
Later in the weekend we went to the Raspberry Cafe in Tai Tapu and had a very delectable lunch in wonderful peaceful surroundings.
Finally, we made a quick visit to the Botanic Gardens where we saw Morris Dancers
and this giant Atlas Cedar.
An update on Sam & Bex – they are in Katherine NT
for six weeks and then hope to spend six months back in WA at Albany.
Finally, season’s greetings from a very
warm New Zealand. We trust you have a happy and peaceful time.
2 comments:
Isn't it funny: I hadn't seen the chairs at all, but I did see the Morris Dancers! Seasons Greetings to your household. Love Jeneane
Thanks Jeneane.
I hope you and the girls had as lovely a day as we did.
Post a Comment