The blog of the Jewell Whanau in Wellington, New Zealand.

Sunday, 11 March 2012

Dearth of Postings!


I know it’s been a long time so I thought a quick update is in order. Also a warning that there won’t anything else for a few weeks as we are travelling through South East Asia (unless we find good internet and have time to post something).

Jenny has been involved in two shows at the Wellington Fringe Festival. She was one of the performers in Hot Toxic Love which was excellent if a little risqué in places – although it didn’t seem to upset her grandmother. She also co-wrote, directed and starred in Flights of Fancy. The only criticism of that was it started at 1030 pm – well past my bedtime – but I was allowed to stay up late as it was Friday night and I didn’t have to go to work the next day. There is a pdf document describing the show but I haven’t managed to work out how to embed it. So I’ve shamelessly used cut and paste and hope Jen doesn’t sue me for IP violation (I’ll tell her I have a very good lawyer – oh, wait ….)

As well as all the performing she is in the middle of moving to the UK. She has left her job in Wellington and will be travelling with Noreen and I on the first part of her journey north. If you live in the UK bolt your doors as she may arrive unexpectedly and seek food and shelter.

The Phoenix have been doing well and are currently third (although a match later today could change that) with two matches to play. They should make the top 6 play off and could make the top two if they win every match and the other teams lose.

Kathy has been enjoying her time here but has damaged her knee and is not happy about that. We keep her busy cooking and washing and she tries to keep up with all the comings and goings.

The garden is in the late summer/early autumn harvest phase. Some of the greenery is running to seed but we have lots of courgettes and I am very excited that the sweet corn is developing some cobs. I just hope there is enough sun to ripen them up nicely. The weather has not been the best with a succession of southerly storms sweeping through.

Here endeth the news. Hopefully there will be pictures from exotic locales next time.

3 comments:

Lady Mondegreen's Secret Garden said...

Happy travelling. Don't hold out much hope for the corn cobs.

Dyk Jewell said...

Thanks Jeneane. Being a gardener in Wellington requires unlimited optimism so we are confident the corn will be wonderful. If not, it will be good news for the worms.

Dyk Jewell said...

Jeneane - I have to tell you the corn cobs were harvested last weekend and although not large they were ripe and sweet.