The blog of the Jewell Whanau in Wellington, New Zealand.

Monday, 3 May 2010

Update on the Garden

I know it's not as exciting as Jenny's post on Melbourne (and we are hoping for more from where that came) but I like my garden.

The veggie patch round the side of the house has been quite productive over the summer.

For reference here it was in January, all newly planted and bare;
then later in February with the beans reaching skyward and the spring onions looking healthy.
This is the situation now. The beans have been producing a good crop and still have a way to go I think. We have had many spring onions and they will last a little longer. The broccoli are starting to bolt so they may be destined for soup.
From the other end you can see beetroot and everlasting spinach (which I have just discovered is not really spinach!).
Finally a picture of the wood shed Andy has built us. The new fire is being installed as I write this. Expect photos soon!
And in soccer news, Petone beat Western Suburbs (who are normally a strong team) 2-1. Sam was MVP! Well done all.

No comments: