[Update - It's on Nico's blog now. Scroll down about half way and double click on the Video icon to launch YouTube. We have a CD version for anyone who wants it in high definition. Let me know and I'll send you a copy.]
Each event is in a different location. A few weeks ago Jane participated in Eastbourne. This week it was around Oriental Bay in the centre of Wellington. I went to near the half way stage and took some video on my camera of the running stage. I saw a couple of interesting sea birds on my way round. This is a Variable Oystercatcher, a species endemic to New Zealand.
As I was making a video I didn’t get any photos of the run so here are a couple from Jenny to give you a flavour of the event before we post the video.Above - Liz, Jane and Noreen before the start. Below - Noreen, relieved it is all over.
We had our lunch on the river bed. This is covered by a raging torrent when it has been raining!
Here is the group - Nico, me, Andy and Eileen.
Much of the walk is through unspoiled forest. We met only a couple of people on the track. There is a remarkable variety of vegetation which is difficult to convey in photographs. Here is a typical bit of forest as a taste of the experience.
The return journey was over the Dobson Loop Track which went up a lot more than I remembered! Consequently I wasn't in the mood for taking photos but this is view on the way down. It's looking towards Upper Hutt and that is Mount Climie in the upper left.

Much of the walk is through unspoiled forest. We met only a couple of people on the track. There is a remarkable variety of vegetation which is difficult to convey in photographs. Here is a typical bit of forest as a taste of the experience.
The return journey was over the Dobson Loop Track which went up a lot more than I remembered! Consequently I wasn't in the mood for taking photos but this is view on the way down. It's looking towards Upper Hutt and that is Mount Climie in the upper left.
No comments:
Post a Comment